LLAMA Webinar Helps You Plan Your Physical and Virtual Library
The library of the future needs to be a vibrant learning hub and an intellectual crossroads where the physical and the virtual spaces connect. Discover a solid methodology for making the transition from a physical library plan into a blended service model.
“Physical and Virtual Library Planning” – Register Online
Wednesday, August 29, from 1:30 to 3:00 pm Central Time.
Description: During this webinar, participants will gain a better understanding of challenges and opportunities for change. They will be introduced to a framework for developing a GAP analysis and examples of past projects. This will help participants define what their library user needs and what is possible. The webinar introduces new ways of thinking about library planning including:
• Visual Literacy – seeing and integrating sensory experience
• Digital Reproduction Literacy – involving text media and sound
• Hyper-Media Literacy – Multi-domain thinking with an interconnected • narrative.
• Socio-Emotional Literacy – interpret media sound and text
• Information Literacy – evaluate and apply new knowledge
At the end of this webinar participants will:
• Understand how to do a user needs/gap analysis for the physical and virtual library.
• Be familiar with examples of virtual library services and in-person presence options.
• Know new strategies that will help librarians develop physical and virtual library services.
• Have a clearer understanding of opportunities to improve organizational transformation.
Who should attend: Librarians from all types of libraries
Presenter: Alexander Cohen, Library Planner, Aaron Cohen Associates, Croton-on-Hudson, New York
LLAMA member: $49
Non-LLAMA member $59
LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $199
Non-LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $239
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/3zhtecm
For questions about this webinar or other LLAMA programs, contact Fred Reuland, email@example.com
LLAMA Program Officer
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
Trouble viewing this email? Go to:
http://maildogmanager.com/page.html?p=0000015Fu8vj4XqNlU2+fmmZm9Z29cIpIufirstname.lastname@example.org You gave The American Library Association permission to send you this email.
The American Library Association
50 E Huron, Chicago, IL 60611, United States
Unsubscribe or manage your Subscription Preferences
Crafted and delivered by the American Library Association’s Mail Dog!